top of page


  A licensed commercial pilot may act as pilot-in-command of an aircraft for compensation or hire, as well as carry persons or property for compensation or hire. To put another way, holding a commercial pilot license means you are legally allowed to get paid as a pilot.


    The Commercial Single-Engine Land (CSEL) Initial course is a logical step for some pilots based upon their career track. However, it is not required. We conduct the course in a single-engine Cessna 172. The commercial certificate also will increase the skill of the pilot by teaching even more precise control of the aircraft by performing limited aerobatic maneuvers and accuracy approaches. Instruction includes Chandelles, Eights-on-Pylons, and Lazy Eights. As a result you will perfect the use of a rudder.


FAA’s basic requirements for the Commercial Rating

  • You must be 18 years old

  • You must be able to read, speak and understand the English language

  • You must pass a computerized test based on the ground training knowledge you receive and make at least a 70 score.

  • You must hold a valid Private Pilot Certificate

  • You must have a total of 250 hours of flight time

  • You must have 100 hour pilot in command time

  • You must have 50 hours of cross country flight logged of which:
    – One Day VFR cross country of 2 hours and 100 miles
    – One Night VFR cross country of 2 hours and 100 miles
    – and One 300 mile cross country flight with landings at 3 points.

bottom of page